Santa Barbara CA US
Santa Barbara CA US
Esperer Holdings is seeking a Legal Assistant to join our in-house law department on-site in Santa Barbara, CA. Our in-house law department services a family office and a variety of closely held business ventures in diverse industries, including real estate, telecom construction, electroplating, and light industrial staffing.
This is NOT a remote position.
The legal assistant will provide support to our general counsel in the following areas: contract database and file maintenance; corporate compliance and corporate governance matters; legal billing database maintenance; subpoena and records request management; and miscellaneous tasks in support of litigation. This position will also provide transaction support related to the company’s mergers and acquisitions activity.
- Perform data entry and maintain accurate records - Organize and maintain physical and electronic files - Transcribe legal documents, correspondence, and memos - Proofread documents for accuracy and completeness - Assist with filing and serving legal documents - Answer phone calls and take messages with proper phone etiquette - Assist with contract preparation and review - Provide administrative support to attorneys and legal staff - Use document management systems to store and retrieve files
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines - Excellent attention to detail for accurate data entry and proofreading - Proficient in using computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite - Familiarity with document management systems is a plus - Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information - Strong written and verbal communication skills - Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures is preferred but not required
- Paralegal Degree or Certification a plus; Bachelors Degree preferred
- Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for learning
- Extremely organized with a strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment
- Ability to understand general business operations, issues and dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of other departments in order to support their functions as well as to assist them in supporting the legal staff
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
This position offers an opportunity to work in a professional legal environment, supporting attorneys and legal staff in their daily operations. The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career as a Legal Assistant, we encourage you to apply.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Competitive pay up to $70k (depending on experience)
- Excellent benefits including matching 401k - fully vested on day 1!
- Solid values that are both employee and client centric
- Our “Plus 1” program for personal and career development
- DEI and Interfaith Network initiatives that are woven into the fabric of our company culture
We are a nationwide company that is BOOMING. There's never been a better time to join a dynamic team of talented and passionate people who love helping people!
ESPERER HOLDINGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERORTUNITY EMPLOYER