Quality Assurance Technician
Corona CA US
Corona CA US
JOB DESCRIPTION: QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Department: Production Shift/Hours: 3rd shift Monday-Friday/TBD FLSA: Non-Exempt
The Quality Assurance Technician ensures Food Safety, Quality standards, and external regulatory standards
are maintained. Provides leadership and overall direction to the total quality control/food safety program. The
Quality Assurance Technician is very hands on in this take charge position reporting to the Q.A. Supervisor.
Basic Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Knowledge of GMP's, HACCP, SOP's and Food Safety.
• GMP audits of plant and surrounding area.
• Familiar with microbiological and chemical testing of finished products, raw materials and
associated items as required.
• Participation in third party audits.
• Maintain highest housekeeping standards to prevent cross contamination during processing.
• Review and feedback on new or revised Quality procedures, policies or work instructions.
• Communication and resolution of quality issues or opportunities to Management.
• Provides support with coaching and training new employees in all aspects of the quality control/food
safety program, and communicate the non-compliance to QA Manager.
• Tracking of samples sent to outside laboratories
• Complete all required paperwork and data entry in an accurate, clear, and timely manner.
• Quality check, and random inspections of incoming products.
• Monitor product/warehouse / coolers / freezer temperatures from receiving to shipping.
• Release “DO NOT USE” tags after micro confirmation.
• Rotation of products, First in First Out (FIFO).
• Product shelf life verification on products out of code. Shelf life study (if needed).
• Conducting Pre-operation inspections of equipment and facility.
• Equipment swabs once per week.
• Calibrate and verify proper function of production scales.
• In-house pest control inspections.
• Air sampling and environmental inspection / testing.
Written/Revised by: Reviewed by:
Approved by: Initial Issue Date:
• Ability to pass a drug screen.
• Minimum of two years of quality assurance/control experience in a food manufacturing plant.
• Ability to multi-task, and cross train in a fast-paced environment.
• Good team working skills and the aptitude to work alone.
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Must possess computer skills (Word and Excel).
• Maintain excellent attendance.
High School Diploma or GED
Must be able to spend the majority of the work shift standing, walking, bending and lifting (up to 50 lbs). Must be
able to work long hours in a cold/hot wet environment (approximately 40º), and exposure to chemicals