Crest Hill 3121
Minooka IL US
Minooka IL US
|Branch||Crest Hill 3121|
Now Hiring Forklift Drivers!
Job Summary: Provides warehouse services assigned through safe, efficient, cost effective and accurate handling of customer products and material using specially equipped trucks such as slips-sheet, clamps and reach. This position may involvedly phases of loading, unloading, staging and storage of customer's product as well as the use of computer equipment.
Responsibilities:This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Loading & Unloading
- Load picked orders or (pull & load) according to policies and procedures, completing appropriate paperwork including Bill of Lading, Pick Report, Trailer Audit and Lot Verification.
- Unload, move, stack and stage customer products and materials both by hand and using forklift or other power equipment, keeping appropriate records and reports.
- Accurately locate and load, both by hand and using appropriate motorized equipment (i.e. forklift truck), customer product onto/from pallets, trays, racks and shelves according to established procedures and safety regulations. Is able to operate special equipment as necessary, such as a turret clamp and slip sheet equipment and RF unit (if applicable).
- Count, weigh and record number of units of materials handled on daily production sheet.
- Complete specialized order processing for loading by stenciling, slip-sheeting, shrink wrapping, labeling and consolidating as required on order.
Operating & Maintenance - Equipment and Grounds
- Assign / verify trailers to appropriate dock and/or yard location, trailers locked to dock-lock and/ or chocking the wheels (if applicable), following all safety rules and Company policy.
- Daily inspect and repair or make adjustments before operating tow-motor vehicles, following safety and maintenance instructions, completing the tow-motor inspection sheet at the beginning of each shift and/or assigned to another piece of equipment; report immediately any defective equipment to supervisor.
- Prepare trailers prior to loading product by inspecting and cleaning as needed to ensure product preservation.
- Assists in building and grounds maintenance to ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean, neat safe and orderly manner.
- Complete activity and statistical reports as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in physical inventories ensuring facility and contents are secure.
- Provide other services such as sanitation requirement activities, assembling crates (boxes) to contain products, and/or moving loose materials to containers as directed by supervisor and/or team leader.