Stone Mountain GA US
Stone Mountain GA US
We’re excited to be named SIA’s fastest-growing industrial staffing firm in the U.S. and a Best Staffing Firm to Work For! We take pride in the company culture we’ve built helping over 19,000 associates find great jobs with great companies.
Keep reading to learn more about our amazing company culture and these outstanding opportunities!
Shift: 6:30 AM until 5:00PM
Pay: $20.00 per hour
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Master Production Operator will complete a variety of maintenance, and repairs on machinery that promote the efficient production of a manufacturing plant. Ensures machinery is operating at optimal standards and resolves issues efficiently and in a timely manner. The Master operator performs and teaches all basic process and procedures for machine operation, change over. He/She will uses advanced troubleshooting skills to identify problems and inspect machinery function.
- Sets up new machinery
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
- Identify the cause of mechanical breakdowns and return machinery and all equipment to proper operating order in timely manner
- Compute data such as gear dimensions and machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
- Instruct other workers in machine set-up and operation.
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools and brushes, using hand tools.
- Makes minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify maintenance department supervisors when major service is required.
- Inspect products for defects, and determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
- Set machine stops or guides to specified lengths as indicated by scales, rules, or templates.
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting speeds, depths, and angles.
- Position, adjust, and secure stock material or products against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually.
- Performs quality checks on machinery utilizing quality verification procedures
- Maintains tools
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance on machinery
- Creates, teaches and trains production operators on best practices and procedures for machine operation
- Ensures production operators comply with quality practices
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Monitors machine operation
- Ensures quality and quantity of production output with 85% efficiency goal
- Solve complex math problems
- Ensure a high-quality product
- Work in a team environment
- Utilize critical thinking skills to resolve complex problems
- Identifies opportunities to improve production
- Display strong work ethic and organization skills
- Follow instruction from leads, and supervisors
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and precautions
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Communicate well with production operators and provide training and instruction
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ yrs experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- 3+ yrs experience of using hand tools
- 3+ yrs machine operator experience
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Mechanically savvy
- Can read blue prints and design instruction
- Efficient computer/software user
High Diploma or GED
Technical certification preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Temperature in the warehouse can vary to summer and winter temperatures
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 95% of shift
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must be able to bend and the knees and waist
- Must be able to twist at torso
- Must be able have good range of motion in arms
Why join Partners Personnel?
Be part of one of the fastest growing industrial staffing firms in the U.S.!
Benefit from our dedicated recruiters’ expert career advice
Upskill with over 600 skills courses in Partners Academy!
* May be subject to a criminal background check and/or a drug screening. *
Apply today and join our team!