Controller - Onsite - Direct Hire
WILDER KY US
WILDER KY US
Position: Corporate Controller
Reports: Chief Accounting Officer
Direct Hire Opportunity
Salary Range: $150,000+ with 20% bonus potential
Location: Wilder, KY
Our client is a leaser and seller of heavy construction equipment across the US. They are a leading contributor to major construction and energy projects. If you look to the skyline of most US Metro's you will see their equipment at work daily. The company has been on a tremendous growth trajectory. The new leadership team continues to expand the organization by investing in the future with technology and footprint. This leadership team is evolving the business to meet the demands of the future. They have over a 50 branch network coast to coast.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Corporate Controller is responsible for supervising the overall accounting operations of the organization, including customer billing and weekly payroll, and leading a decentralized team. This role is accountable for all aspects of the financial close process while driving process efficiency and standardization. The Corporate Controller will have a strong accounting, control, and financial planning and analysis background with a strategic mindset to drive business performance. Travel will be required approximately 10-20% of the time.
Who you are:
You are an have strong process and control ability as well as the ability to assess current state and make recommendations on improvements. This includes being able to implement the new processes across a diversified team through coaching, upskilling, and evaluating existing capabilities. You are technically savvy as well has thrive coaching individuals to reach their personal best through positive motivation and reason. You can effectively communicate your wisdom and knowledge of corporate accounting at all levels of the organization with the purpose of cohesive understanding.
- Change Management: Thrive at both the people and process sides of impactful change management. Savvy at identifying opportunities to impact the organization through process improvement aligning with corporation goals for consistent structure of process in the branch network. Evaluating opportunities to streamline, better leverage technology, while having the necessary audit and checks and balances for financial reporting.
- Team Leadership: Drives goals for team to align with company, Solid communicator with experience with geographically distributed workforce with all levels of the organization, and able to attract, retain, and engage talent on team for continuous improvement and learning. Experience with structured performance reviews with the goals of leveraging the opportunities to coach and evolve talent to their highest potential.
- Continuous Learner: Leveraging an open mindset, the candidate fosters a continuous learning team structure and strong coaching attributes to leadership style. Enjoys problem solving and has decision making capabilities that accompany a leadership role.
- Process Improvement: Assess current status on ops and controls. Able to offer improvements as well as implement change processes where need be to drive corporate goals across company to achieve standardization on process.
- Core Responsibilities:
Financial Statement Close Process Leadership:
- Provide leadership and management to ensure proper accounting and reporting procedures
- Lead and support the month-end close process
- Ensure information is accurate and complete
- Train and supervise the team as necessary to enhance the process
- Management of Accounting Functions:
- Manages regional controllers and other finance and accounting team members within 7 geographic regions, consisting of billing, payroll, inventory management, and general ledger accounting
- Implement and enforce consistent accounting policies, practices and procedures
- Actively participates in establishing, refining and enforcing adherence to internal controls
- Establish standard financial forecasting process to enable regional controllers to provide rolling forecasts on a monthly basis
- Enhance variance analysis procedures to explain monthly performance drivers
- Evaluates trends in data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Support company forecasting efforts
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years experience leading remote/regional teams ( 5 direct reports)
- Proven experience leading process-improvements and leading change initiatives
- Versed on creating and testing strong internal controls
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience in construction, equipment rentals, or related industry preferred
- Strong working knowledge of JD Edwards, ADP, and Looker (BI Tool) preferred