1st Shift Production Supervisor
Lake Wales FL US
Lake Wales FL US
We are seeking to direct hire 2 Production Supervisors in Umatilla, FL. We have 1st shift and 3rd shift positions available. Must have experience in a Manufacturing Industry.
Hours for 1st shift: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (must be flexible as you may be called in to fill in when another supervisor is out on PTO)
Hours for 3rd shift: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. (must be flexible as you may be called in to fill in when another supervisor is out on PTO)
Salary: $80 - $90/K
After reviewing the job responsibilities, I welcome you to email me back directly and let me know which shift you are interested in and when you would be available to interview for this position. My direct email is: email@example.com. Be sure to include your most up-to-date resume with a current phone number and email address on it.
What you'll do
- Facilitate change.
- Actively promote and participate in team meetings.
- Help plan and organize daily production needs to meet plant operations.
- Oversee Ready-To-Serve juice packaging operation and facility to ensure that the area is operating efficiently.
- Monitor and review all production related paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures (SOP's & SSOP's), company policies, and government regulations (HACCP, GMP's).
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information to, and respond to questions from, groups of Managers, Team Resources and hourly employees.
- Apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical applications.
- Hire, develop, and evaluate performance of employees.
- Provide strong leadership with a positive attitude that promotes teamwork.
- Regular attendance required.
- Must interact cordially with co-workers.
- Active participation and support of the plant safety program is required.
- Instill and support safety programs and awareness.
- Encourage and give positive recognition.
- Build and strengthen relationships within the team.
- Evaluate team performance and provide feedback.
- Provide guidance to teams and set necessary priorities.
- Provide guidance and resources for special projects.
- Discipline teams/individuals when necessary.
- Explain and interpret guidelines and policies to the team.
- "Walk the Talk" by holding yourself accountable and following FNG Core Values.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Due to the significant amount of steps/stairs contained in our production facility, employees must have the ability to navigate steps/stairs in a safe manner.
What we're looking for
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Completion of 60 hours of college credits toward a bachelor's degree would be considered equivalent to an associate degree.
- 10 years of food manufacturing supervisory experience would be considered equivalent to an associate degree.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment required.
- Proven record of leading, motivating, and developing hourly employees required.
- Team based management background preferred.
- Requires administrative experience including budgeting and cost control measures.
- Must possess good computer skills and be familiar with MS Office applications.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written. • Must be experienced in dealing with people and have good people skills.
- Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously, prioritizing work for self and others, trouble-shooting problems and implementing solutions.
- Must be able to evaluate production related data and implement measures to improve productivity and reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Ensure compliance with FNG/OSHA Safety Policies and Procedures.
If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position, I welcome you to email me directly, attach your resume, and tell me why I should hire you! My direct email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year