Umatilla FL US
Umatilla FL US
We are seeking to direct hire 2 Production Supervisors in Umatilla, FL. We have 1st shift and 3rd shift positions available. Must have experience in a Manufacturing Industry.
Hours for 1st shift: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (must be flexible as you may be called in to fill in when another supervisor is out on PTO)
Hours for 3rd shift: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. (must be flexible as you may be called in to fill in when another supervisor is out on PTO)
Salary: $80 - $90/K
What you'll do
• Facilitate change.
• Actively promote and participate in team meetings.
• Help plan and organize daily production needs to meet plant operations.
• Oversee Ready-To-Serve juice packaging operation and facility to ensure that the area is operating efficiently.
• Monitor and review all production related paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
• Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures (SOP's & SSOP's), company policies, and government regulations (HACCP, GMP's).
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively present information to, and respond to questions from, groups of Managers, Team Resources and hourly employees.
• Apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical applications.
• Hire, develop, and evaluate performance of employees.
• Provide strong leadership with a positive attitude that promotes teamwork.
• Regular attendance required.
• Must interact cordially with co-workers.
• Active participation and support of the plant safety program is required.
• Instill and support safety programs and awareness.
• Encourage and give positive recognition.
• Build and strengthen relationships within the team.
• Evaluate team performance and provide feedback.
• Provide guidance to teams and set necessary priorities.
• Provide guidance and resources for special projects.
• Discipline teams/individuals when necessary.
• Explain and interpret guidelines and policies to the team.
• "Walk the Talk" by holding yourself accountable and following FNG Core Values.
• Perform any other duties assigned.
• Due to the significant amount of steps/stairs contained in our production facility, employees must have the ability to navigate steps/stairs in a safe manner.
What we're looking for
• Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school required.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Completion of 60 hours of college credits toward a bachelor's degree would be considered equivalent to an associate degree.
• 10 years of food manufacturing supervisory experience would be considered equivalent to an associate degree.
• Minimum five years supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment required.
• Proven record of leading, motivating, and developing hourly employees required.
• Team based management background preferred.
• Requires administrative experience including budgeting and cost control measures.
• Must possess good computer skills and be familiar with MS Office applications.
• Must have good communication skills, both oral and written. • Must be experienced in dealing with people and have good people skills.
• Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously, prioritizing work for self and others, trouble-shooting problems and implementing solutions.
• Must be able to evaluate production related data and implement measures to improve productivity and reduce unscheduled downtime.
• Ensure compliance with FNG/OSHA Safety Policies and Procedures.