Umatilla FL US
Umatilla FL US
Seeking a Refrigeration Technician in Umatilla, FL - THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Payrate/Salary: $24 - $27/hr. ($55,000/K)
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (must be flexible with hours as you may have to work overtime when needed, or fill in for others if out)
What you'll do
• Operate and perform minor maintenance on all ammonia refrigeration equipment for FNG's processing, manufacturing, and storage facilities.
• Work as a team member to efficiently maintain steam generation production.
• Gather/interpret data and generate daily/monthly reports.
• Collect boiler/feed water samples, perform analysis, and make adjustments for chemical feed to maintain specified ranges.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment and systems.
• Maintain housekeeping standards and preservation of all equipment and systems.
• Assist Supervisor and Foreman as required.
• Requires active involvement and maintenance in all facets of the Process Safety Management Program.
• Open valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, condensers, etc. to prepare the system for operation.
• Start equipment and auxiliary equipment. Instruct Trainees in theory and operation of FNG Industrial Ammonia Plant operation and maintenance.
• All Trainees and Tech 1's are advised by Tech 2's.
• Active participation and support of the plant safety program is required.
• Collect data from operating machinery and assist team in interpreting same to determine corrections and adjustments that may be required for safe operation and maintenance of said machinery.
• Adjust controls to isolate and clear broken lines for repairs or to shut down equipment.
• Clean evaporative condensers, perform routine PM on evaporators, heat exchangers, various vessels (drain oil, etc.)
• Knowledge of and adherence to FNG Safety Rules and GMP practices is an essential job function. Must perform the duties of ERT to protect life and property.
• Perform any other duties assigned.
• Due to the significant amount of steps/stairs contained in our production facility, employees must have the ability to navigate steps/stairs in a safe manner.
What we're looking for
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Must have RETA CIRO certification or obtain within twelve months as a condition of employment. • Must pass Mechanical Aptitude and Arithmetic Assessments. • Must have two years outside experience and/or training in ammonia refrigeration OR must have progressed through FNG Refrigeration Helper (Trainee) position and have passed the Refrigeration Technician 1 Promotion Test.
• Requires experience in the operation and maintenance of industrial boilers (fire tube preferred), pumps, water pre-treatment systems and support.
• Experience in steam hot water sets preferred.
• Must exhibit leadership skills, self-motivation, good communication skills, a positive attitude, clear and concise two-way radio communication, and be able to use sound reasoning to make timely decisions affecting facility safety and production.
• Must be willing and able to respond to ammonia releases and participate in release mitigation procedures.
• Must participate as a member of the Refrigeration ERT.
• Must be able to function in a SCBA and a Level A Chemical Suit as a part of the Refrigeration ERT duties in mitigating an ammonia release.
• Must obtain and maintain Hazardous Material Technician (HAZWOPER) certification and pass medical screening annually.
• Must pass Pulmonary Function Test (PFT).
• Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job, especially the handling of ammonia equipment and its operation.
• Must be able to work in hot, humid, cold and/or damp environments.
• Must be able to climb, crawl and stoop.
• Must be able to work unassisted.
• Must be able to lift/move loads requiring up to 50 lbs. of force.
• Must be able to work in high places, in acrid atmospheres, and on any day of the week or any hour of the day required for production.
• A list of tools required will be provided at the interview