Canton MI US
Canton MI US
a leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality Reinforced Polypropylene Compounds,Thermoplastics Elastomers, Fibre Re-Inforced composites and all engineering plastics located in Canton has openings for Extrusion Machine Operators
1st Shift: 6am-2:30pm
2nd Shift: 2:00pm-10:30pm
3rd Shift: 10:00pm - 6:30am
• Responsible for the operation of the primary compounding and the secondary blending of raw materials required in the extrusion area and at specified levels of productivity.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Troubleshoot material problems as required.
• Monitor production and adjust machines as needed.
• Drive a forklift to move material.
• Keep track of in-process inventory.
• Complete and maintain necessary paperwork.
• Maintain housekeeping and clean work area. (6S)
• Monitor and load required materials including hooking up sacks of materials to be lifted and opened in hoppers.
• Maintain level of quality consistent with established standards.
• Comply with established safety rules.
• Comply with company policy, procedures and standard operating work instructions.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience with extrusion process preferred
• Related experience, preferably within the plastics or automotive industry
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to enter Production Data into computer monitoring system