Executive Assistant to Legal & Tax
Clerical Division 3126
BRIDGEVILLE PA US
BRIDGEVILLE PA US
|Branch||Clerical Division 3126|
ONSITE ONLY - Metro Pittsburgh PA
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Salary Range: 72-82K
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the Legal and Tax teams who are responsible for Legal, Compliance, Government Affairs, and Tax. This role serves as a trusted partner to deliver against the legal and tax priorities of the business.
- The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the needs of the departmental leadership. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and entire Legal and Tax teams. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion and sound judgment.
- Serve as a liaison between the Tax and Legal team staff, the organization, and the public. This includes receiving and screening phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing calls appropriately for resolution.
- Coordinate work with other Legal and Tax team staff as needed; play a key role in the coordination of staff efforts both within and outside the department.
- Serve as a primary point of contact between the Legal and Tax team and the organization’s governance groups, including helping to coordinate the work of the different groups and providing administrative support for governance meetings.
- Assist the Legal and Tax team in the development of presentations and white papers for internal and external audiences.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for the Legal and Tax team senior leadership; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Keep the Legal and Tax team senior leadership advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties.
- Handle printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and email/messages.
- Sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories.
- Compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence.
- Schedule departmental meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
- Transcribe source material, prepare documents, reports, tables and charts; distribute as appropriate.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Complete a variety of special projects including creating PowerPoint presentations, financial spreadsheets, special reports, and agenda material.
- Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other departments or leaders as needed.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A detail-oriented self-starter with prior experience with legal and tax teams
- Someone who exhibits sound judgment with the ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Comfortable interacting with high-level executives
- A team player capable of cultivating productive working relationships across the firm
- Resourceful, can-do attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding time-management
- Advanced computer and internet research skills, and typing skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years’ prior experience in supporting a senior executive or team