Oak Ridge TN US
Oak Ridge TN US
Partners Personnel is looking for a CNC Operator/Set up!
2nd & 3rd shift Available! Climate Controlled!
Responsible for loading and making minor adjustments to preset CNC programs and operating manufacturing machinery to produce acceptable product. Works within a team environment to meet departmental goals. Maintains work area cleanliness.
• Perform CNC machinery set-up function by downloading preset CNC programs; make minor adjustments to CNC programs to direct sequence of machine operation
• Operate CNC manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions
• Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results and notify appropriate person of deviation when needed
• Perform basic machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
• Stack and transport product via hand-truck, pallet jack, forklift, crane, or hoist
• Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment
• Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
• Three (3) year relevant experience
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions
• Intermediate math (algebra, geometry) and computer skills
• Ability to learn, understand and utilize CAD/CAM programs and G and M codes
• Ability to understand and use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening skills
• Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds