2nd shift CNC Machinist
Clearwater FL US
Clearwater FL US
About the position:
Operate our cutting-edge computer controlled machinery, CNC milling machines and Okuma 10 & Okuma 10 SS Lathe machines.
We have 2-Axis, 3-Axis and 4-Axis CNC Mill and Lathe machines, making simple pieces out of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
• Set up and tear down a work order on a CNC Machine.
• Responsible for in process inspection (utilizing calipers, micrometers)
• Responsible for making adjustments to offsets, and program as needed to maintain tolerances.
• Must be able to work off of blueprints
• Must be able to accurately use shop math in checking parts.
• Perform basic maintenance to the machines (clean and maintain, no mechanical repairs)
• Maintain the machine within the scope of its ability.
• Maintain all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records.
• Observe all safety policies and procedures and operate in a safe manner.
Required experience & qualifications:
• Machining Technology certification from a technical school, Machinist certification from a CNC manufacturer (such as OKUMA) or equivalent.
• A minimum of two-years of hands on Machining experience.
• Working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
• Must know how to use calipers and micrometers
Ability to select, lift, carry, and stack product weighing between 30 and 50 pounds. The ability to stand up to a total of 8 hours, with breaks while occasionally bending, stooping, and twisting and do repetitive work fo 2 to 4 hours at a time.
There is an anti-fatigue matt at the machines, as well as a stool if needed.
Drug Free Workplace:
We are a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The company requires all employees to complete a pre- employment 10 panel drug screen; employment status will be dependent on ability to pass this screening and partake on a quarterly random screen.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
The Machine Shop has two shifts for the Machine Operators:
First Shift 6am to 3pm Second Shift 2pm to 11pm.
Monday through Friday with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Pay for this position will depend on related experience and certifications, generally between $18-20 per hour. If you are able to do full set ups and basic G-programming $20-23 per hour.
After a 60-day waiting waiting period employees become eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off that increase with longevity.
Perks: We have two 15-minute on-the-clock breaks and off-the-clock hour fo lunch. We offer complimentary coffee on site with a kitchen and vending machines.; We have a clean, safe and air controlled facility. We use environmentally friendly materials and processes. There are restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance.