Warehouse / Forklift Operator
Romulus MI US
Romulus MI US
Partners Personnel is hiring immediately for experienced warehouse / forklift operators to work at a well established distribution center in Romulus.
1st shift: 7:00AM -3:30PM
The Warehouse associate is responsible for loading & unloading materials utilizing a hand truck, reach truck or forklift. MAINTAIN A CLEAN AND SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT. IDENTIFY ANY DISCREPANCIES IN RECEIVING LOADS AGAINST MANIFEST.
- Utilizing manifest to pull route, stage freight, and assist Drivers to load and unload trucks
- Material handling may include one or more of the following: picking, packing, scanning, kitting (as applicable), counting products and other like duties
- Must ensure timeliness, packaging, and systems work is completed accurately
- Identifying and annotating overages, shortages, and damages (OS&D)
- Safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jacks, etc.
- Read and follow detailed and defined instructions in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure safe and secure work environment including all TSA and OSHA guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to use forklifts, pallet jacks and banding/shrink wrap material
- Experience using a RF scan gun required
- Previous forklift certifications preferred
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, occasional weekends
- Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions well
- Must have ability to work well with others
- Basic MS office and data entry skills preferred
- High attention to detail required
- Must be able to lift 50+lbs. unassisted
- 1+ years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Must have verifiable 1+ years of experience operating reach truck and sit-down counterbalance fork truck
- This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Position requires employee to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands, reach, bend and lift objects above their head. Employee must be able to regularly lift/move up to 50 pounds and use pallet jacks and forklifts. Position requires regular use of a phone and a PC and reading and writing of various shipping documents.
19159 Merriman Rd, Livonia MI 48152